View Single Post
Old 05-22-2002, 05:54 PM
Raymond Richard

Forging Fool........

Did one for this a few days ago but my son changed the formate on the putor and I needed my password. Low and behold I couldn't remember it. Here goes again.

Actually my family backgroung is cutlery manufacturing. J A Richard Co. out of Southbridge, Mass. was my great uncle I guess. According to my Dad it was one of the largest cutlery company's in the US late 1800's threw early 1900's. Think it was bought out by Dexter. So the making of knives has been in my blood even before I was born. Made some stock removal knives when I was fourteen and that was it till l994 when I got bit bad by the bug. Mainly did stock removal knives but have been banging on rebar since 1995. The last couple years I have been mainly forging to shape or real close to it. As far as a business goes the older I get the more serious I've been getting into knives. Last week I started at a Saturday Market a few miles East of where I live selling knives and doing forging demonstrations. I think I forged for at least four hours out of the six that the market was open, time flew by with me being able to forge and not just standing there. Going to have Alex of CKD do me a web page for my knives so that should happen in a month or so.

Yes, Colin, it is addicting. It will make you old before your time and all you hair will fall out. Just ask Dana if you don't believe me........Ray