View Single Post
Old 03-20-2007, 12:17 AM
Skilled

Hey Dave.. ...Hiya....

I have to assume you are asking for legal reasons.., and yeah it's true the "Morpho" probably wouldn't weigh in at under 3" if someone wants to pop you for a weapons violation in jurisdictions that are not Bali-Friendly.

The actual cutting edge of the piece is roughly 2.87.., but if measured across the tang/ricasso area to the top of the handles it's closer to 3.25 (which is how it's done in Bali-Hating jurisdictions).

As far as "Ready Made"..., I may be understanding you incorrectly, but to [ME].., that means "Production Knife".., and I don't know of any commonly produced Balisong that's manufactured that's under the 3" standard.

You can certainly have one made.., but of course a custom knife is going to run you probably triple what a machine ground high quality piece would cost.

Why?? ~~> It's really not any easier for the maker to produce a little one as a standard size model.., so you are paying for the "set-up" and labor.., more so than the materials....(i.e., Time + Plus materials + Profit Margin).

The good news.., is there are a few guys out there that will take an order for such a knife, but the cost could be prohibitive depending on what you want to spend.

"There is no greater wisdom.., than [KINDNESS]"

"Hunters seek what they [WANT].., Seekers hunt what they [NEED]"