View Single Post
Old 09-17-2004, 10:18 AM

Over the past couple of years Ron and I have become close friends, so I've heard the details on this story...

Let me preface this story by emphasizing that Ron is one of the very nicest fellows you ever want to meet...and he will go to extraordinary lengths to please any customer.

Ron and I haven't talked about this particular situation for some time, but the way I remember hearing it...

The customer was of course familar with Ron's stlye of engraving and hired him for these panels. Ron engraved the first panel as the customer requested, keeping the customer informed of his progress along the way. When he was finished he sent the finished panel to the customer, who promptly announced he didn't like it,... and wanted to change the subject matter (but didn't in any way feel obligated to pay additional for having changed his mind). Nevertheless, without complaint Ron, being the very obliging fellow that he is, went ahead and made the fairly significant changes (I've suggest to Ron that sometimes he's just too nice a guy for his own good). Ron worked closely with the customer, trying even harder than usual to give the customer exactly what he wanted.

He completed the revised panel and once again sent it off to the customer. Once again the customer changed his mind and said "I don't like that either", and proceeded to request yet another change in direction...I believe it was at that point that Ron (understandably) got a little miffed (when Ron says "I lost it", don't you believe it. Ron always bends way over to accomodate everyone. If he says he "lost it", then it was something he internalized, as he would never get confrontational with a customer. That's just not his way).

The project came to an end with Ron eating the job...

Dennis Greenbaum

Yeah Baby!