View Single Post
Old 06-21-2006, 08:04 AM
Living Legend

Send a message via ICQ to BrB Send a message via MSN to BrB
Hey there, My name is Jeff Velasco

I don't post much here, but I am one of the forums biggest fans. I lurch a lot here.

I live in Brazil and run a custom knife dealing website. I am also a hobbist knifemaker and I have been strugling to get a shop running in order to produce with more regularity.

From childhood there are three things I can remember liking the most: to stare and use knives; to read; and history lessons. You can see then why I am here.

My origins are (from mother's side) grandpa: portuguese and british. Grandma side: portuguese (former jewishs from 1500's ) and local indians; (From father's side) grandpa: spanish and black; Grandma: northern italian from the alps. Talk about melting pot...I am the salt bath melting thing myself!

Apart than that, I was born in the southern Brazilian state of Rio Grande do Sul, aplace with strong gaucho tradition, and a knife personality of it's own (you have seen gaucho style integral knives around I guess), and that just kept me closer and closer to the subject. But the passion for history just drove me study other styles, specialy europeans, and those of the dark ages are the most apealing to me in europe, and oriental, specialy japanese.

Other insterests include Aikido (I may become a black belt this year, in november if I train hard) and cooking. I would have much more interests if Brazil was as rich in activities as the USA, like the reenacment thing, making bows and arrows, and so much more things that just don't happen around. I am curious guy by nature.

I am gradutaed in International Relaitions, I've got a tallent for languages and I have a small touristic business. I Currently live in an Island with very nice beaches. I am married and my wife runs a restaurant.

-------------------------------------------
Pesquise posts antigos antes de perguntar:
Use CKD Search
? mais r?pido e f?cil!