View Single Post
Old 04-20-2006, 08:57 PM
Living Legend

Im McAhron Verrinder.I have had a life time fascination with metal arts.A couple of years ago I stumbled into the custom/handmade knife arena.I always felt the metalsmith calling was there and thought knife making would be cheaper than some of the other ideas I had(I know,I know,knife making is very expensive)I love this art form and plan on doing it till the day I die.This calling I felt may have been instinctual,as I explained to my aunt about my calling,she being the family geneology buff went on to tell me our family had been blacksmiths,armorers and sword smiths for nearly 1800 years.I am a direct descendant to the McAhrons(many different spellings)of Highland Scotts.The famous Cambletown cross is my great great great great grandfathers,most McAhrons were armores for the Lord of The Isles.Beyond being an artist I am a spiritualist.I am one in the circle of life and believe all things are linked in this crazy existance.The earth is my mother,sky is father,and all humans brothers and sisters.I have no answers but many questions.I believe art is a pathway towards self discovery.It has much to teach us.

I too have medical maladies,degenrative disc disorder,arthritus,gerd,and several non-life threatening heart conditions.Remember Pain Is A Reminder Your Still Alive