View Single Post
Old 01-10-2006, 07:06 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Ed Caffrey Send a message via Yahoo to Ed Caffrey
Getting noticed can be a time consuming task. I know this is beating a dead horse, but it's all about paying your dues. This includes sending in GOOD photos to the magazines, being seen at shows and knifemaker gatherings, and getting your knives in the hands of those who can, and will spread the word about your work.

Getting a profile in one of the major publications is not as easy as it might seem. With the quality and quantity of makers today, your work has to "shine" to be noticed. If you can't take GOOD photos yourself, then spend the money to have a professional photograph your knives. Prior to getting that first photo of one of my knives in a magazine, I estimate I spent about $1,000 on photography, and much more than that traveling to various knife shows. In the knife world it is as much about building your personal reputation, as it is about the quality of your knives. The importance of your integrity cannot be overstated in this business! Work hard to establish a good reputation and guard it jelously. I tell students this: A good reputation is the hardest thing to achieve, and is the easiest thing to loose.
Getting your face and your knives into those places were the media can see both is extremely important in your quest to become known.

Caffreyknives@gmail.com

"Every CHOICE has a CONSEQUENCE, and all your CONSEQUENCES are a result of your CHOICES."