View Single Post
Old 06-24-2003, 11:08 PM
Skilled

Lightbulb DDR Venturi Bowie [DLC Coated]

Pictures a little late.., but a fun story anyway.

To preface.., thanks Darrel.., really beautiful piece of work, and as always.., it's appreciated. Mr. Gollnick also did a very informative and comprehensive write up and some pictures on his site I will link you guys to..., and after reading the text about DLC I got curious about the difference between "Boron Carbide" coating.., and what BodyKote has trade marked "DLC" and/or "Diamond Black".

Well.., like a fool.., I called BodyKote....., and boy what a bunch of nice people they are. As many of you know they are a huge outfit, but the folks most knowledgeable about this particular process are in Greensborough, North Carolina, and they hooked me up with a real true-life metalurgist.

Not being a metalugist, of course I was looking for a layman's sort of differential that I could share.., and even had my handy little Sony ICD-67 Recorder ready to verbalize the notes I wrote.

Long story short..., some guy is going to call me back that can "dumb-it-down" about 12 nothces....lol... 8o :confused:

Anyway.., here's some attempts at pictures.., and what I learned so far. The poor man I talked to gave it his best shot.., but there are more acronyms in the world of exotic coatings than I ever want to hear again ever 0] .., so here we go.., complete with my little recorder that is now full of information totally foreign to me.... 8o

"There is no greater wisdom.., than [KINDNESS]"

"Hunters seek what they [WANT].., Seekers hunt what they [NEED]"

Last edited by ExamonLyf; 06-24-2003 at 11:37 PM.