View Single Post
Old 04-05-2012, 12:23 AM
Skilled

Dang what a good line of information and ... stuff. I've gotten a books worth in information on old Randalls, from pins to early recons. Thanks Ron, what a source! And I can't believe a beer huggy sheath, with cross-wise Randall stamp (very early '60s?) AND a Heiser stamp? Great stuff aoout Erroll Flynn... great knife and pictures... thanks all. Jack

Re: Story - I didn't mention the part about seeing Erroll in the late '50s in Singapore when I was 14 years old. I was observing Erroll's movie-star press conference in the Raffles Hotel, and by chance met a young chinese girl about my age (but way more sophisticated), Lai Choi San, who I called dragon-girl. It turned out that she was the daughter of the leader of a Singapore Chinese Tong - big supporter of Lee Quan Yew. Dragon-girl later helped me get out of a jam....

...later in Kalimantan (Borneo) 1964 ? Sabah actually. Indonesian commie dictator, Sukarno, had launched his ?assault? to take Sabah and Sarawak from Malaysia, and the Commonwealth had sent troops to fight the resulting jungle war.

I was in Brunei on R&R, and got caught in a ?situation? out on the Sabah/Kalimantan (Borneo) border. Fortunately, I had a fantastic meeting under the strangest circumstances with old first-flame dragon-girl, now a full-fledged beauty. She wiggled her finger and had her father?s ?boys? help me (and the Commonwealth) out of a tight situation, and into a ?reunion? of sorts back in Brunei? another story?

Last edited by Jacknola; 02-05-2013 at 12:08 AM.