View Single Post
Old 10-17-2014, 10:20 PM
Enthusiast

Hello Guys!

Jacknola- I emailed u the pictures... I still cant upload.. I click on the upload link and it wants a URL.. Jack if u can put them up for me you are tha MAN!! THANKS!!

Someone already posted the pic of my brassback Bowie from EBAY.. Thats where i bought it, but they will not sell it to me for the price i wanted unless i bought the DELRIN ARKANSAS TOOTHPICK..

To make a long story short I always wanted a Randall Brassback Smithsonian bowie, but never wanted to put out 1500-2k for one.. I saw that one on FEEBAY and thought to myself "That handle does not look like IVORY and MICARTA" and then found out it was delrin..

Overall i am happy with both! Mint lat 1960s with SP-13 stone.. Everything is mint.. I even got a letter from the original owner who bought them after he got out of the miltary 1968..
He placed the order in 1968 ,then received the knives in 1969..

Very interesting was when he order the knives he order 3 to have a matching set..
Smithsonian Bowie Brass back
Model 13 Arkansas
Randall 1-8

However Randall would not make the model 1-8 with DELRIN for some reason. He said only option for the model 1-8 was STAG, WOOD, LEATHER.. Not sure why no option for ivory..

Love this stuff!!