View Single Post
Old 07-27-2006, 08:43 AM

Location: Portal, GA - If you know where it is, you probably got a speeding ticket.
Send a message via AIM to Jamey Saunders Send a message via MSN to Jamey Saunders Send a message via Yahoo to Jamey Saunders
Coop,

It really depends on the socket design that the processor plugs into. Sometimes they change from generation to generation of processors, so there may be a limit to how fast a processor your mobo will accept. With things like Photoshop, where memory (RAM) is really put to the test, going to 2GB of ram would probably do more wonders for you than a new processor. Does your hard drive seem to do a lot of work when you render an image? If so, it could be that Windows is using hard drive space as extended memory.

Of course, a processor upgrade wouldn't hurt.

And I use dual monitors. I run a laptop, and I have an external monitor that I use as a desktop extension. I can stretch an application across both screens if I want. When a window is maximized, it fills one of the screens, but I can "restore" it and stretch it across both screens.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of them." --John Wayne, in The Shootist