View Single Post
Old 07-22-2017, 10:37 AM
Steel Addict

Tape or reflection/glare?

Southern Saddlery I don't think made #2 sheaths that I can recall. I think that is one reason why many of the WWII model 2's are in Moore sheaths. Even after Hesier was up to speed, you don't have as many 2's in those. Now that I am thinking about it, I don't think I have seen a 7" #2 in a Heiser sheath, only a couple of 8".

If you recall Ron, you got a WWII 7" model 2 in a SS sheath from me years ago and at the time we both thought that kinda odd. Now we know it isn't, as we have seen more than a couple 2's in model 1 sheaths.

The more I look at it, it sure looks like a Moore pouch flap, but then again, so hard to see clearly.

Maybe Jack can get better photos. I imagine an original under a magnifying glass may tell the story.

A footnote to all this. This is the exact reason the Randall shop would never give an opinion on a knife by a photo, even before the time of the internet. You had to send the knife, although the practice has been over for some time. Therefore, I am under the same requirements, even with modern tech. I get many emails every week from guys wanting to send me photos to tell them about their knife. Some act shocked when I tell them the shop policy and tell them they have to send it to me.