View Single Post
Old 07-20-2017, 06:59 AM
Steel Addict

I am not denying nor denigrating anything Jack. I have absolutely no idea what you or Ron mean by a sheath discovery. To be frank, I don't know of anyone that does.

You ran down a list of subject matter in an earlier post of items you claimed "created understanding about many things never before addressed by RMK collectors" Relatively speaking, you have not been "collecting" very long so that is a bold statement and somewhat denigrates and denies the contributions of some pretty seasoned collectors that preceded your involvement in the hobby.

The following statement is absolutely true: there are two types of guitarists, before Jimi Hendrix and after Jimi Hendrix. In your mind there are two types of Randall collectors, before Jack and after Jack. I can say with utmost certainty you are not the Jimi Hendrix of RMK collecting. That is the shame Jack. You have the ability and apparently the time to invest, but your ego won't let you look at it without being "right". That is what drives you.

I don't believe those items you listed were never before addressed, many of us have been doing the a long time and I assure you they have been discussed at some level, but that doesn't mean any new discussion is pointless or additional information can't come to light. Too be frank, it is a very small audience here and most discussion would be better served on the other forum to a larger audience, but again, it is not my say.

I have been wrong a ton? I must be wrong always, because I don't offer much generally, and only if it helps. Like the Compton knife, I am reasonably certain when it was made. You can do your mental gymnastics about it if you wish, debate it for another month or two, but I offered my assistance and apparently you aren't interested. I would caution you though, if you are going to "publish" an article, practice due diligence. So you are free to think I am right, wrong, or indifferent. It doesn't matter to me.

What I have gleaned from this last post of yours Jack is you seem to be large and in charge on this forum and apparently my participation threatens your following, your standing with the 10 people that read it. This is your turf so I better not intrude. I will say this for the last time, while it seems to be a competition for you, it is not for me. I pray I never get that bored.

Last edited by crutchtip; 07-20-2017 at 07:04 AM.