View Single Post
Old 07-15-2017, 02:40 PM
Steel Addict

Thanks for the lesson in etiquette Jack. The opinion is not mine, it is Bob Gaddis' directly referring to Bo's journal. As much as you would like to side with Ron, you cannot deny what that one paragraph states., and I have yet to see anyone offer anything different or to the contrary. I am not even bringing up other passages, my own or others research, because that alone refutes it all.

Funny how this whole thing started when I called the knife a Commando, which it is the earliest example I have seen, and is perfectly described in that passage, yet I am the butt.

Apparently Ron does stake out an opinion and does declare it the the word of God.

I came over here thinking I could contribute some info on the 14 thread, some of it from my usually very, very cloudy memory, this time with conversations with Pete Hamilton, and it seemed ok then. Now, not only with conversations with Gaddis based on Bo's records in his own handwriting, and it isn't ok. It isn't ok because the guy that walks on water here says it isn't. This confirms why there is such a fracture in the Randall collecting community, and it isn't from the other forum.

To address Ron's contention (not the first time he has insinuated this) that Bo's memory was suspect, from Gaddis:

"As I uncovered more original records with each visit, it became apparent that some of the often told stories about Bo's knives didn't match with what he had recorded at the time. This even included a few stories that I had recored in our numerous interviews. Bo and I discussed this discrepancy on two or three occasions and always came to the same conclusion: we would consider what he had recored at the time it happened to be factual, not what he remembered 40 years later. I was to use his stories, remembrances, and anecdotes to give life to the bare-bones facts from the old records and correspondences."

That pretty much sums it up.

an fyi, the spacer stack pattern on Tune's knife is the same stack pattern on the Commando. count 'em. Shocker. Who woulda thunk!?!?

Oh and Jack, it appears that last photo was taken in Florida.