View Single Post
Old 04-25-2018, 08:24 AM
Guru

OK As CNC CUTTER SAID WELCOME TO THE FORUM!!

I have to say i was in your point a few years ago i didn't even know what stock removal was i only saw forging videos and that's what i tried first however i realized that even if you forge out a knife you eventually end up in front of the grinder anyway so it seems like in needed work again MY OPINION. a good friend of mine forges all of his knives and we could argue forever as to wich is better and the truth is neither are better they have there positives and negitives most of the guys forging are uising carbon steel i do stock removal so i use all stainless SOME stainless can be forged and some cant but forging carbon is always easier than forging stainless. there are endless positives and negitives that i have learned over the years esspicially that well i know the +and -'s of stock removal as that is what i do but having a friend that forges everything i learn the + and - of forging from him....either way you came to the right place i found a few forums when i first started and hands down this was the best we may not have as many members here but the members here are always willing to take some time to help another i would sugest that you try many things now while your new make a couple knives by stock removal and a few by forging see what YOU like best that's all you can do....check your private messages for a welcome note