View Single Post
Old 06-05-2017, 06:39 AM

If you are still having problems with the fit. go to your local Lp supplier (not box store like HD or Lowes) and ask them to have a look. Some of the POLS are configured slightly diff specs and just won't work well with some brands of tanks due to the newer safety issues. They have a little nipple on the end that is supposed to open the internal safety spring valve. Some of the nipples seem to be a bit short. Also I have come across some tanks that the spring valve was seated too deep and barely let the gas flow. Lots of little things - these were usually on the swap-out tanks. I own my own so I know they will always work. Shouldn't be that way but I've run into it quite frequently when helping others getting their forges running.
Was looking at the website and from the pic it looks like a standard bull-nose or POL so it should go inside the Lp tank flare and will be a left handed thread as mentioned above. Just go gently as the brass threads are very easy to cross thread and strip out.

Also, may have missed it in the pics on the site, but highly recommend a ball valve quick cutoff valve in line between the tank and the torch manifold. Best located at the tank, before the regulator. Reason - if something starts leaking and flames up you need a way to shut things down quickly. The ball valve is a quick and solid quarter turn shut off you can do with the slap of a hand. Standing in or near flaming fittings and doing multiple turns to shut off is just not safe or fun. Easy to install, just make sure the valve is Lp rated.

Dave - ??Never saw the Hat (or anything under it).

Registered Master Artist - GA Council for the Arts
C Rex Custom Knives

Blade Show Table 6-H