View Single Post
Old 10-17-2015, 05:38 PM
Guru

hey so first off i have to say i need a power hammer or press or well it would be nice. I spent some time today on a billet that i had forge welded a few weeks ago to try my hand at pattern welding. I had put it on the side for a while but got back at it trying to draw it out enough to fold or cut and stack (i dont know yet wich i am going to do) i think i got it thin enough but i stopped there for today ill try and fold/cut forge weld tomorow. I spent alot of effort swinging tho there has got to be a better way besides spending thousands of dollars on a press or power hammer. Ray (since i think you are the only one following this thread still maybe ill make a new thread on this topic) but do you know of another way somewhere between swinging a hammer all day and spending Alot of money on big equipment? or even any tips or tricks that might make the drawing out process a lil quicker or easier. Also i have heard of people freezing a propane tank before but from what i have read it usually because some one is trying to run 2 or more burners from one tank. Well today i noticed that i had the psi reg cranked about halfway up to about 15 psi. I dont have a gauge but estimating i was about halfway and it a 0-30 psi regulator. When it was half way it was fine but i went to turn it up and nothing happened even when i cranked it all the way to 30 the flame was still exactly the same as when it was half way. How ever when i finished and was packing everything up i notice that the tank was very cold and even had some frost on the sides. I cant figure out why i have never had that problem before and everything is the same, same forge , same burner, same tank, even in the exact same spot as before. Is there anything i might of overlooked or something i did to cause this?