View Single Post
Old 10-16-2015, 05:07 PM
Guru

ok then i think i am going to get the 5 inch tall one its a lil cheaper. and following your advice i think i will use a tree trunk and i have those to metal disc i told you about so if i mount one of them to the tree and the the rail to that...if that works awesome if not ill use your other thing saying the i beam could be a good base....when you threw that idea out there about the i beam underneath the rail you ment having the i beam lay horizontal under the horizontal rail or would the i beam go vertical in that case i would need a couple of i beam sections vertical next to each other to cover the whole of the underneath of the rail. i have read about some people turning the rail on its end and using it vertical but correct me if i am wrong the point of that would just be to give it a more solid stable base wich if i accomplish that with a tree an d that heavy metal disc's i got then there would be no reason to turn it on its end and severely loosing the amount of workable area in the process right? ok either way i am going to go order one of these again ray thanks alot you really saved me some money and taught me some things today as always