View Single Post
Old 02-11-2017, 01:06 PM

Folder Templates / Tutorials

Hi All

I have been looking around the internet for a decent template for a folding knife but can't seem to find anything suitable at all. There is one guy that makes a wooden version of a folder and supplies a free PDF but how it goes together is as a clear as mud.

So if anyone knows of somewhere I can find a template or two for a simple folder I would be really thankful... I also don't mind paying for them they don't necessarily need to be free. Ideally a detailed step by step guide would be superb.

I have made plenty of full tangs and enjoy making knives but the geometry of a folding knife and the various little parts is what is putting me off just having a go and for my first folder I would much prefer a print and stick template which I can then learn from that as I don't really learn very well from videos or written instruction but once I see something in my hand it makes much more sense to me.

I had considered taking apart a existing knife but then realized the only folders I have is SAK, an automatic (spring assist) and Leatherman so none really would be for the beginner to try and replicate.

Anyway any help with this would be great.

Many Thanks

Rab