Thread: Brisket slicer
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2016, 11:20 PM
Guru

Yes they are pricey Damon, but the Engis brand they have is in ten gram tubes and once it is worked into the leather it lasts a long time. They also have an Adamas brand, but it isn't on their website which is much less expensive too. It's made by their Canadian subsidiary. Call and ask them to email you a price list Pdf.

I have 5 tubes of differing sizes and have had them for a long time. When I go to finish a knife I just put a little dab on and a couple of drops of Tap Magic cutting fluid and finish the knife. Takes about 10 minutes to take from 600 finish to 1000 grit finish. The stuff works fast. Surprised me the first time I used it. Now it's all I use past a 600 grit satin finish.

There is some Tech Diamond Technologies compounds for sale on Amazon that is less expensive, but their customer service is slow. I ordered three grits and concentrations and only received one of what I ordered the other two were way off (400 grit for 1200 etc.) and it took them about a month to straighten it out. Needless to say they are kind of a hit or miss deal.

Last edited by jimmontg; 07-28-2016 at 11:26 PM.