Thread: 80CrV2....?
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2020, 06:57 AM

I'm with you on FIF - it is for entertainment with drama. It's rare for a serious smith to win because we tend to put that extra effort and time to get it right because that's who we are and that's what we do - Chris is an excellent example of this. He won in my book.

Yes Pop's Knife Supply is James Poplin from Washington, GA. James is a good friend, exceptional knifemaker, and fellow member of the Georgia Guild. Due to age and health issues he decided to sell his business. He spent a year or two vetting different interested parties wanting to preserve the integrity and clientele of his business. He settled on Andy Roy's Fiddleback Forge. Andy might be Cajun, but he is of the highest caliber and he wanted to keep the company as Pop's Knife Supply in honor of James. So, James' picture is center of the new logo and James is still an active advisor in the business. Andy and crew have expanded the business with a lot of new and different inventory. You should go visit their site. If you wind up talking and/or ordering from them, make sure you mention me (won't get you anything but maybe a good laugh). We are a pretty tight knife community here in GA because of the Guild these are good folks to do business with just like Pop was.
Dog is still on the trail with 8670, nothing treed yet. I have to stop forging for a while and catch up on finishing and leather, got 50 plus blades hanging over the bench waiting on me to put the hammers down. Weather is right to fire up the dragon - love to forge when it's raining (open forge area).

Registered Master Artist - GA Council for the Arts
C Rex Custom Knives

Blade Show Table 6-H