Thread: Ddr3bl
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2009, 11:52 AM
Enthusiast

"Your post is ill informed at best. Real business suicide would be continuing to offer these items for sale and exposing themselves to lawsuits and legal scrutiny - then having to pay out settlements, fines, and lawyer fees."

A knife is meant to cut, does that mean that if somebody cuts themselves with a kitchen knife they can sue the manufacturer?.......I think not.

This may not be business suicide.....I have no idea what knife kits best selling products are........I do know that the customer comes first in business and you must cater for their needs if you want to keep on selling to them. I think that there is pi$$ poor customer service here, when companies start withdrawing products or altering them without telling their customers that is bad..if I bought a DDR3 and there was no hole in the blade suppose I sent it back because I thought it was faulty? would I get a refund?
As to customers, when the Balisongs were withdrawn i.e. the Tsunami and the Typhoon there was no mention of it.and folks had to ask as they did about the DDR3............and they were given some sales spiel..one guy said that he didn't want a trainer and I know where he is coming from I don't want one either, nor a switchblade without the correct parts drilled out....think about this now ,we are coming into a very bad recession................most of the folks who buy Knife kits are knife nuts who want to have a go, not seasoned knifemakers, most of the folks don't have a shop..if I want to drill a hole in the blade then I need a tungsten carbide tip, I also nee a drill press to drill the hole and some sort of vice to hold it.if I get a blunt trainer and I want to sharpen it then I need a grinder and linisher....I am not going to buy these things just so I can put a knife kits knife together....if I want an auto I can buy a mikov kit for half the price, with IMHO a superior leaf spring..and no need of any additional machinery.....