View Single Post
Old 01-29-2012, 10:14 AM
Registered

New Dagger Handle or at least pommel nut/finial?

Hello, I have bought and paid for (and it is on the way here) a custom dagger.

It is a really nice knife (I can show pics) says everyone on the forum where the photo was posted - but I cannot stand the pommel nut/finial. It is just out of context with the rest of it - and I just do not feel like arguing with this guy about it - he is an expert after all - and I am just a person who waited nearly a year for a dagger (6 mos for him to start it and then the rest to gather up the rest of the money for it - so some of the year was my own fault, admittedly.).

I am actually heartbroken at the end of this and do not want to argue about it with him any more because it makes me feel nauseated.

I also am not loving the handle, but I can *live* with that part.

So, I am looking to find someone to sort this out - as I am actually literally sick to my stomach after waiting SO LONG and the blade looking SOOO GOOD - to see the final photo and it has already been posted (bladesmith just posted it off without a photo of the final look), and I happened to see *my* dagger on a knife forum! LOL!

Well, the dagger that was supposed to be a new start after 20 years hard work is just something I cannot even look at.

Anyway, I am not going to "name and shame" or do gossip or any of that. I will tell the person/s who discuss the refit with me who created the piece, but I won't publicly "flame" anyone.

Anyway, anyone up to helping me out, please send me a PM?

All I *really* want is a plain but clean, elegant ebony or other *black* wood/horn whatever looks right with this blade and a simple pommel/end cap/finial that matches.

Or, failing a handle, a replacement pommel cap/finial that isn't so utterly out of place with the rest of this knife.

Thank you!

ETA: By half a year for me to gather the cash, I meant it more like: Got an email in July that he was ready to start, so I paid the deposit of ?150, then in late October, I got another saying he was ready to post and paid another ?200 in November, with the last ?250 in January (December I was just locked up with work, kids, visiting family, etc).

Frankly I just cannot fathom sending the knife back to dither around back and forth anymore, if that makes any sense.

Last edited by anne; 01-29-2012 at 10:55 AM.