View Single Post
Old 09-25-2006, 11:15 PM
Skilled

31st and 32nd

Moose,
I researched the catalogs before I posted all of this originally. I have several 31st with the non-catalog insert (your second one) featuring the "Trailblazer" I "could" be wrong, as you say. I "could" have mixed up an insert and a catalog..but I didn't. I think the logical explanation, and the true one, is the fact that the "Trailblazer" non-catalog insert was inserted in the 31st towards it's ending and then into the 32nd. This explains, even furthermore, the fact that the "Trailblazer" saw a short "non-catalog" lifespan and went to full catalog (#27 recognition fairly soon. Gary Randall even told me, when I asked why the "Trailblazer" was featured in both places that: "It (the Trailblazer) obviously became extremely popular right away. We (Randall) had already had it photographed and featured in our latest non-catalog and these things (the non-catalog inserts) are expensive to make and print: So when the new catalog came up for printing, we listed the "Trailblazer" as the Model #27 and just went ahead and used the same non-catalog insert".
I am absolutely para-phrasing his (Gary Randall's) quote and it is most assuredly "not" word-for-word...but close!! Best, Captain Chris Stanaback