View Single Post
Old 09-25-2006, 11:50 AM

Question Questions for RMK Trivia Buffs???

Hi all!

In the tradition of BoBlade, I'm preparing a boring thread on the early "Trailblazers" and the current Model #27.

In doing my research I discovered that our good Captain Chris may have been in error (it's remotely possible, I know) concerning when the first "Trailblazer" was offered to the public as a Non-Catalog offering.

Cap was quoted above by yours truly: "...The current "non-catalogue" insert was printed and inserted in the, then already published and in stock, 31st printing of the Randall catalogue. This was, I believe in 1998, or so..."

Although this is theoretically possible, since I suppose old catalogs continued to be distributed even when the 32nd was on hand, a check of the 31st Printing shows that the "Trailblazer" had yet to be included in the insert. See photos below (Source is "The Randall Knife Informarion Collection" CD-ROM":

What I would really like to know is:

1) Does the Model #27 (as the original insert "Trailblazer" became), appear in the 32nd Printing of the regular catalog?

2) Does the Non-Catalog insert that came with the 32nd Prining have the "Traiblazer" included? It looks like this:

If any of you have a copy of the 32nd Printing and/or the insert please let us know what you find. It would be most appreciated my me and will make my thread even more boring when I put it up.

Thanks!

David