View Single Post
Old 07-05-2003, 05:58 PM

Same as my doctor, he raised my leg and said "See, if it were a disk you'd scream when I did that." Eventually he did take x-rays but said it didn't show anything.

Once I finally got the MRI results I was referred to a neurosurgeon with a 3 week waiting list (and my doctor left town for two weeks). After waiting in his office for three hours I grabbed my films, told the receptionist my thoughts and walked out. I called my doctor's office and told the nurse exactly what I'd just been through. The doctor called me back and said "I don't appreciate that kind of language, you have 30 days to find a new primary care physician." This guy had been my doctor for 17 years!

I considered a lawsuit and even spoke with a lawyer but serious family concerns took priority and I had to let it go.

If you're still having trouble or getting tingling and numbness in your legs and feet then I'd say you should get an MRI and prevent the problem from becoming permanent. I told my doctor my feet were going numb and he said that it was the inflamed muscle pressing on the nerve. BTW, I'll be 36 later this month and my best years are already behind me... get a second opinion or as many as it takes to feel satisfied, don't trust any doctor's opinion over your own.

Jack

Last edited by maclean; 07-05-2003 at 06:05 PM.