View Single Post
Old 08-27-2016, 11:52 AM
Guru

SHINY....that link you posted is almost identical to the one I saw in a video that I was describing....again I don't use files and never have as I said I give a lot of credit to anyone that does I just don't have the patience if I started off that way I would have very quickly found another way or I would have quit....I don't know if you know what the edge pro sharpening system is (if not look it up just to see what I mean) but I use that to sharpen 90% of my knives...I can do it on a flat stone but the edge pro does for sharpening what the file jig does for bevels and it makes it a whole lot quicker that's why I assume the file jig would to. I started on a 4x36 /disk grinder combo and very quickly realized there are much much better and quicker ways and I got the kmg grinder and never looked back it is a amazing piece of machinery for knife making...if you have the money I would recommend it to anyone....I got REALLY lucky and my grandmother paid for most of it as kinda a early B-DAY present...thanks to grandma she is the best!