View Single Post
Old 04-18-2013, 07:57 PM
Steel Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crex View Post
Haven't used solder in a long time, so probably get better advice from makers' that still do. I used Sta-Brite back when I did, but like Chris, found it a royal pain...when spots came up long after finishing the knife. There maybe new product out now that has resolved these issues.
Paying more attention to tight fits with good seal of epoxy solved this for me. My knives are constructed such that their handles have to be destroyed to remove the guard.

Your dad was a smart man.

(How's the fishing in your area?)
So Crex, what do you attribute the spots too??????

And thanks for the comment about my Dad. He has been gone for a while now but there isn't many days he is not in my mind one way or another!

Fishing is pretty good fresh and saltwater I don't do much of it anymore because you pretty much need some kind of a boat, and you know what they say about a boat. The two best times you have with a boat is when you first get and then when you get rid of it!!!!!!!

With every custom knife I build I try to accomplish three things. I want that knife to look so good you just have to pick it up, feel so good in your hand you can't wait to try it, and once you use it, you never want to put it down !
If I capture those three factors in each knife I build, I am assured the knife will become a piece that is used and treasured by its owner!

C Craft