Thread: Lion steel DART
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2007, 01:11 PM

Send a message via ICQ to srki Send a message via AIM to srki
thank's for advice. I'm sure that's the kind- M2 because I tried drilling it with HSS drills and didn't even make a mark. luckily the saw blade has holes at two ends so I'm using one for my liner lock folder knife, just needed to find the right radius pivot pin. and for the liner just trying to use pieces of steel used in cutting through stacks of paper (and making slots)-graphic tehnology is my profession and the easiest to get materials-it seems strong enough and I can almost bend it by hand when put in vice. tryed it and makes really strong lock-can not fold it back when locked.
button lock seems to me very elegant solution for locking and I got couple of springs so would like to try to make an automatic and put a spring around pivot pin so button lock seems the best way to go about it. but auto is stil a drawing. I don't have furnace at home-have to go to the friends firm and that's a lot of waiting and improvization.
Do you know what to do if the edge is too brittle (heated up and slowly let it cool on air)?...know that there is technical term for it -oposit of hardening, tampering- but don't know the english one...when you get more elastic blade with minimal lost in hardness...have some tables on croatian for different kinds of steel (temperature vs. cooling time)

name is srdjan (it' pronounced like "surgeon") stern