View Single Post
Old 12-30-2011, 05:23 AM
Steel Addict

Both of the knifes look good, the latter reminds me or a Straight Razor, except for the curved edge.
Not sure of my reaction if my Barber came at me with that to give me a shave. ROFL.

When I mentioned full tang I was looking at the old catalog pictures you sent, looked as though they were from a old J.C. Penny's or Sears/Roebuck or Woolworth catalog.

Those drawings only showed a brass or steel collar but no tang to support heavy use. That was the reason for my comment.

Ok, now about adding a Tang ring. Is that what you would like if you were searching to buy a knife?

I am not a well known knife maker, but a Can Tie a Good Fly. I listen to others for their opinions, but the bottom line is, does that particular knife or fly meet up to what the builder expects.

Build to suit yourself, use others opinions as a measuring tool. If you think a Tang ring is needed make it, if not leave it alone.

If you build to suit the needs of the task and you are proud of the work then others will like it also. Just My Opinion.

Jeff