View Single Post
Old 01-18-2018, 09:26 PM
Skilled

Early Fighters return home

Ok, so this is a bit different, but my wife and I are visiting family in Ft Myers Florida. Anytime we come down from North Carolina, we stop by the Randall shop and Museum in Orlando and visit. As usual Scott Maynard greeted me at the counter and we had a nice visit. I showed him a couple of my old fighters, and he introduced me to Aaron, a Randall employee who was interested in seeing the old fighters as well.
I also visited the Museum and Michael Randall was, as usual a great guide and answered all my questions. A visit to the shop is always a great time, and if you are lucky, you might even hear a story or two...or three. Thanks Scott.

While in Orlando, I went to visit the area on lake Concord where Bo Randall had his home and knife shop till 1960 or so. I took my 2 old fighters out of their zippered bags, propped them up on an old Bald Cypress tree that may have been in the vicinity of Bo's old shop, and took a few pics.

Can't help but think some of the soot from Bo's old forge passed thru the branches of this old bald Cypress.

Ok, back to reality, while at the museum, Michael Randall pointed out an early Randall, one of the earliest.

Other great knives

Some miniatures

Early Hunter

As always, a great visit to Randall Made knives, where you are always welcome.

Regards, Sam