View Single Post
Old 04-05-2009, 05:25 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Ed Caffrey Send a message via Yahoo to Ed Caffrey
Hi Wade!

Its difficult to see the blade very well in the photos, so I can't/won't comment on blade finish or any other aspect of the blade.
However, overall it looks very good for your second knife. Something that caught my eye right away were how squared off the handle slabs are (I would prefer to see them more rounded) The key is that a knife is a tool, and whether its a display piece, or a user, it should be made so that it fits the contours of your hand. Flat surfaces, especially on the handle make for angles that quickly become uncomfortable to the user. The other thing that caught my eye was that the front and back pins are different. Its just a personal observation/opinion of mine, but I think those should match. If they don't it gives me the impression that the maker either forgot something or didn't really think about the overall knife while it was being built.

Both of those things I've mentioned are by no means show stoppers! The difference between a "good" knife, and a "great" knife are the little things. That will come with more time and more practice. Overall the knife looks very good, and you should be proud of yourself for it's completion.

Caffreyknives@gmail.com

"Every CHOICE has a CONSEQUENCE, and all your CONSEQUENCES are a result of your CHOICES."