View Single Post
Old 08-25-2016, 10:23 PM
Enthusiast

This leather is half tanned indeed.the core is rawhide. Thats what this is. The core is whiteish. It is supposed to be very stiff. If I remember well its scandinavian. It is considerred a very high quality leather for knife sheats. It is almost impossible to cut it in one cut. Absolutly insanely tough to cut.

You are right sheatmaker... I am from Holland. I ordered the leather from Sweden..

Apart from a tiny bit of mold that was present on a liittle piece of it its still in very good condition. The only thing I wonder is if I should or could treat it to prevent quality loss. But if I hear you Jim... It isn' really necessary...

The dark stripes from the wiping with water are just cosmetic I think. Stuff darkens when you wet it. I expected it to dry and dissapear, but the stipes stayed exactly as if it is still wet. It surprised me. Hoped someone could tell me that its normal or not harmfull. Again, the leather is still in good condition apart from the darkening. That just happened the moment I wiped it with water (and soda). I think its ok...
Thanks everybody!