View Single Post
Old 10-27-2010, 11:10 AM

This election season would be making Bob pretty upset, I think. He was always troubled by those who were supposed to be doing what was best for the state, country, etc. It really bothered him that elected officials were so crooked at times. Of course some leaders were doing a good job and he'd acknowledge that, but many times the lack of integrity really got to him. He really supported the law enforcement community and not many weeks would go by without a police officer dropping by to say hello. This didn't happen so much in Riverside, while I was there, but from what he said, later, it seemed like it was pretty common within a few years after I left. Bob always had an opinion on most things and they weren't radical or out of line, they were based on his checking out the subject/situation and making an informed decision. The mess we and California are in now would probably be a daily subject of conversation for him. Alison, after reading this says, "Of course, you've softened it up a little
bit! Papa could use some very colorful language to describe the people in politics!" Very true!

http://www.srjknives.com
NRA Endowment Member
Knifemakers' Guild Member since 1971
"May you live all the days of your life." - Jonathan Swift