View Single Post
Old 06-16-2005, 12:28 PM
Steel Addict

Question Tell me about SW Idaho

Well, it looks like the family and I might be moving to the Boise area by the end of the year. The wife's asthma is really giving her a hard time here in the Portland OR area and we're ready for a change.

What can you guys (and gals) tell us about the Boise area? First off: are there any fellow metal pounders in the area? I know that Chris Reeve's operation is there. Ironically it's a Project I that got me interested in knives to begin with.

Are there any areas that we should look into or avoid when looking to purchase a home? We're hoping to get some place with a little bit of land. I don't want to move into a new place and piss off the neighbors by finally being able to afford a power hammer.

What are the weather extremes like? Summer? Winter? One thing we are really having a tough time with right now is that the winters here seem like they are an endless grey overcast. We're lucky to see the sun more than a couple days in a row. I'm hoping that the Boise area isn't so depressing in the winter.

Any way, I'd appreciate any information you can give.

Thanks,

- Mike Routen