Thread: no grit cork??
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2016, 08:18 AM
Guru

Ray...very good point about cutting slits in the buff that's one of those simple little solutions that i wouldn't have thought of. i was actually thinking about using a 5/8th drill bit to make the hole bigger but i don't think that will work very well and deffinitly not as well and as easy as just cutting it like you suggested thanks!

Damon...how is that ZAM does it cut at all or just brighten up the steel? as i said i find using the felt belt really speeds up the process. I also have cork belts WITH grit i have a 800 grit and a 400 grit however i have never used the 400 grit one and i don't use the 800 grit one all that often. you said you are finding more uses for these belts may i ask what you find them good at??

Jim... i will take a look at the link but i don't think i will end up using diamond compound unless i find myself polishing more blades than i am now. mainly because of price....how much does a 10 carat bag of diamond dust cost??

so i know i can put my 6in wheels on the new machine even tho the new one is ment for 8in wheels so i am wondering if there is any difference in using a 6in buff compared to a 8in buff? as far as quality or speed of use or anything really. asking because if i ever end up getting new buffs at some point should i buy the 6in or 8in obviously the 6in are cheaper so if there is really no difference in performance whats the point in buying the 8in ones?? even if the price difference is only a couple bucks