Thread: no grit cork??
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2016, 06:39 PM
Guru

yes you make a point the felt belts are probilly more expensive for a reason I am curios about the cork but I have used cork belts that do have grit in them and your right they seem a lil harder and firmer than felts that's for sure. I know you cant tell much from a pic but the cork with grit is black and without is the classic tan cork color so I was wondering if it is some how different and maybe softer....I know whats going to happen I am going to spend the money on the felt ones and then I will find the 2 I lost that seems to be how things always happen. question about buffers I have a older 6in bench grinder with a 1/2 in arbor that I made a extension for to hold the wheels out further like a buffer. but the variable speed is shot its stuck all the way open and sounds like it wants to die I also have a 8in one that's brand new its been sitting in a box for 2-3 years so I am going to start using that one but it has a 5/8 arbor so I have a couple options i am going to make the same type of extension for that one that i made for the older one it MIGHT be possible to make the extension out of 1/2in and get a small umm i forget what its called kinda like a nut 1/2in on one side 5/8th on the other if i did that i could still use the same buffing wheels i have. i was also thinking about one of those tapered spindles that they make so you can use the buffs with a pin hole i have never seen these spindles in person how thick does it get? could i put a buff on it that has a 1/2in arbor hole or no??