View Single Post
Old 03-21-2016, 07:36 PM
Skilled

Just to clean up some things, here are two pictures that show a Solingen 14 teeth overlaying a Solingen 14. This shows that it is easily possible to have used standard Solingen 14s to make the teeth model. Besides, re-reading Gaddis he wrote unequivocally that all the initial model 18 blades were made from Solingen 14s or 15s.

This picture has a Solingen teeth overlaying a Solingen 14... you can see the grind necessary to convert the 14 into the teeth 14.

This picture has an Orlando teeth overlaying an Orlando 14. You can see that there is a bulge in the front of the teeth that might not fit within the dimensions of a standard 14... however, I would guess that the original blank 14 had enough metal to make the teeth mode;.

Finally I would like to question one more piece of conventional wisdom. It is commonly quoted that the teeth model 14 was not a catalog item until 1967. Well, my twin brother ordered his teethed model 14 in 1965 and he says it was in the catalog he used, perhaps an insert?

Last edited by Jacknola; 07-28-2017 at 12:05 PM.