View Single Post
Old 06-14-2009, 09:04 PM
Enthusiast

Thank you everyone for the kind words, it's truly inspiring. I learned to weld through my work many years ago. We were all offered the opportunity to learn to weld and be paid to do so, but I was the only employee who accepted the offer. To this day, it still baffles me as to why I was the only taker. Some of the guys I worked with back then have me do odd welding jobs for them here and there... it's ironic! I have somewhat of a perfectionist personality, so I drove myself to learn to weld as best as I possibly could. I really want to learn to TIG weld now that I have good experience with MIG welding. Maybe the TIG welder will be a "Santa" gift?...

I am very lucky to have a machinist as a very good friend. Jay has pulled my butt from the fire more than once! I'm always sure to compensate him for his time and talent as much as possible.

In all honesty, I purchased the Leeson motor many years ago with a 3450 RPM after taking the advice of a Canadian knife maker I used to e-mail daily. His advise was that it was always better to have it and not need it, rather than need it and not have it... Sounded like sound advise at the time. What speed motor is everyone else running on their belt grinders? Should I think of varying the speed? I planned to save the wiring as the last of the build proccess. Opinions and advise is greatly appreciated!

I worked a 12 hour skidding shift today and I am dead tired. I will most likely have more pictures to post tomorrow evening.

Connor

Last edited by Connor; 06-15-2009 at 04:40 AM.