View Single Post
Old 11-06-2019, 09:06 PM
Master

Glad the cateract surgery went well. Mom loved the results being 20/20 though she required reading glasses for up close. She wore glasses since she was 17 and had the surgery at 74. Was quite a change.

My story is my being scammed-to trusting.

Way back in my early times of making I "sold" by one's word of honor. Had a guy call stating how nice of a design the knife was and he'd like one. We talked a bit and he mentioned his name which I wasn't familiar with. After the call I looked him up and the name matched with a person within the knife industry manufacturing production level knives. I sent an email update and left a message on his machine...no response. Sent the knife out to the address which I verified was a real residence. In those days they'd send a check or the knife back if not happy. Honor among "gentlemen".

Just after the knife was dropped at UPS made a call to the number given stating it was on the way. This time somebody picked up and it was a liquor store. That chill of "oh sheep!" went down my back. After that looked up the name given and found a different phone and house address. Called the number and the guy was unaware of his name being used. He as pretty peeved to say the least. Relayed the address of where the knife was to be shipped and he said he and his buddy's would resolve it. He couldn't say if I'd get the knife back but he said, "IT WILL BE TAKEN CARE OF!" The person who was using his name lived about 5 miles from him so it was easy to go over and handle it.

About 15 years later the knife come up for sale at a dealer's site. Brought back many memories from being scammed. After that a deposit and payment in full before the knife would be shipped.