View Single Post
Old 04-03-2018, 05:58 AM
Registered

custom safety gloves - materials and ordering

I need advice on materials for a custom protective glove for the following use:

A friend of mine is a tech-savvy guy and has recently been into molecular cooking. Not my cup of tea, but he asked me for help with creating gloves just for him.

He is in the process of designing a heated knife for a fast and precise cutting. The blade goes between 50 and 100 C degrees, and his cutting skills are worthy of a master chef. However, he needs maximum precision that could be acceptable in millimeter - detail work, while providing protection against accidental touching of the heated blade, and possibly, very basic cut protection. The best glove possible would be also sweat-resistant, so he can continuously cut with the blade for at least an hour, preferably two.

The closest he found were barbeque gloves, but they were too thick to give him the needed precision, while he definitely didn't need them to withstand 500 Celsius degrees temperature.

he said the price for paying someone for creating the glove doesn't matter, but he wishes to sell his invention, so being able to make larger quantities of the glove once the prototype works out would be a nice addition. He wants to offer the gloves and the knife in a package, so it would be problematic if it cost thrice the price of the knife itself.

So, what kind of material would be the best for handling a moderately - heated blade while providing maximum precision? Do you know any way to contact anyone who would be ready to make such a glove?

Last edited by Izayeth; 04-03-2018 at 06:00 AM.