View Single Post
Old 06-14-2016, 09:37 AM

Jack,

Nice Randall('s). You're on the right track. Randall Firearms did indeed contact the shop about using the name "Randall". However, they dealt exclusively with Gary. Gary's reply was "of course it okay with me, it's your name too". Once production started Gary bought ten of the stainless auto pistols. The original idea was to put together ten knife and gun sets each featuring the pistol and a Model #1-7". Both would wear ivory and I was to scrimshaw matching scenes on the pistol grips and the knife handle. Gary had a custom case maker that was to craft fitted display cases for the sets. As a thank you Gary made a 12-8" Bear Bowie in stainless and ivorite. This was long before we offered stainless on the 12-8". Gary then sent me the knife to scrimshaw the Randall Firearms logo on the handle. The knife was then sent to the General. Before we could get the knife and gun sets started the gun company folded. Gary was legitimately concerned about offering the pistol without the manufacture's warrantee and the project was scrapped. To the best of my knowledge the Randall pistols are still in the safe and I have not heard of the 12-8" since.