View Single Post
Old 07-24-2017, 08:18 PM
Skilled

Look, the mechanics of knife design and making is a subject for interesting debate, and on this site are some chat boards that address those issues. RE: RMK business model... supply and demand rules ... if there were no market, whoever is soaking up all the shop made knives will eventually go bust. Cartels usually work by limiting supply from the source, but that hasn't caused a diminution of activity so far as I know. But I really don't care that much because the RMKs I'm mostly interested in were made almost 50 years ago or earlier, and there aren't any more of them being made.

The underlying issue seems to be being banned "over there" for whatever arbitrary reasons. Well, we have this board. And best, the core people here are interested in vintage knives. mostly. I would say there are ten times as many vintage lines here as over there.

If people want to play games like "build," or show and tell, fine, and good for them. I'm very happy on this board, don't want to go back over there, and if the people who read my posts are only vintage collectors, that is fine too. I say let the issue go. What is to be gained? What answer can please? I say ... let it go...

Last edited by Jacknola; 07-24-2017 at 09:46 PM.