View Single Post
Old 07-24-2017, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty water View Post
I don't recall Randall making a "woodcrafting" knife by design...and MY comments were that you took a brand new knife, (that you paid for, so you had every right), but you STILL screwed it up, voided the warranty, made a model 28 look like a model 10..(which is 1/8 stock), and generally turned a great looking knife into one ..IMO..ugly POS. ..but once again, you paid for it, so have at it, but don't ASK for opinions (which U did), and not expect to hear any dissenting views...
Yeah Scott ,...typical insults from the Randall Shop Foreman, your parents must be proud,... geeze. And I don't recall ANY Randall that will actually CUT as well as a $20 Mora either,...EXCEPT maybe the Fisherman model 10's you mentioned. You can't fight knife geometry,..and THICK blades work against efficiency,..that's a no brainer. Warranty voided,... really,... you honestly give me no credit for realizing I KNEW that,..and it wasn't a concern?

By the way, anyone else notice what Scott places in the highest priority regarding the Randall "Woodsman" model 28? He states " ....and generally turned a great looking knife into one ..IMO..ugly POS". I'd have more respect for your opinion IF you placed cutting efficiency ahead of looks as a TOP Priority for a KNIFE! But Randall Knives (aka "crowbars") are made to open c rations and busting through doors maybe,...but buy a thinner blade from another maker putting actual CUTTING ahead of GD "LOOKS"! Geeze,... You CAN have BOTH, by the way!

Oh,...I find it interesting you never commented on the business model that I brought up,..which is to greatly limit the available supply by having all your dealers tie up as many spots as possible for many years in advance,... keeping prices high and the factory humming. Keeps the collector market happy, the dealers happy,....most everyone except the ones actually taking their knives out of their "Closet Queen" inventory and trying to go out and actually use what it was intended for,..CUT efficiently.

What seems especially egregious to me is for those "individuals" willing to place a $50 deposit on a knife, and have the patience to wait 4 or 5 years to reach your build spot,....you can't even get a blade stock thickness choice. Sad really, for THAT is a great customer to have! (yet gets NO consideration for that commitment and EXTRAORDINARY patience!)

IF you were really concerned about the actual CUSTOMER, you would allow them to choose blade thickness at the very least,...as an option for those wanting to get the most out of their knives. Frankly, Randall could care less. As I recall in another thread, I asked "over there" WHY you couldn't leave OFF a step in manufacturing such as Jimping,...and even charge the SAME price for the knife! You'd make more by saving man hours deleting this step,...didn't matter!

NOPE, NO can do, (sorry, can't site the thread here since I'm banned there)....with some BS explanation since it's obvious to me when I examine the factory Randall jimping it has always appeared to be hand cut in with a file.

Last edited by joejeweler; 07-24-2017 at 11:33 PM.