View Single Post
Old 10-21-2016, 10:57 AM
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
I understand that point but there are people that would go ahead with that deal. I am one. In fact I had it happen to me. I screwed up big time on an item of Militaria. When I realized my mistake I told the guy I had mis quoted the price. He said so you're changing the price on me. With that I said no take it. I lost 400 bucks on the deal. But you know what....I could sleep with that mistake. I felt good that I went thru with the deal. I'm much more careful now when I price my items.
With all due respect ... you would be one of a very,very few that would not go back on a clear BIG ( $ ) mistake/error .

In your case $400 below market, in this threads subject matter $3000 . BIG difference.

Sellers and buyers( collectors dealers ) will always look out for themselves as they should.

There are a group of dealers and collectors that ALWAYS ebay message sellers with price offers to end auction early with an offer of a Buy It Now or to sell off ebay directly ( against ebay rules ) and save the fees .

The intention is obvious .... to get a good or awesome deal. I personally HAVE NEVER LIKED THAT practice. I see it as not fair to other bidders who have been placing bids and are not sneaky enough to possibly take advantage of an "uninformed seller" . I see it as a bit unethical ( my opinion ) .

Ebay WILL NOT kick him off. I have bought and paid many things on ebay over the years and sometimes for different reasons the sale can not go through. As long as the buyer gets a refund and the reason is acceptable it is OK . Depending on the reason ebay might give the seller a warning . Will not kick him off , i will bet you $ on it.

I have seen plenty cases of uninformed sellers listing a collectible with a BUY IT NOW for wayyyy too low. Depending on how big ( $ ) of a mistake , they will sometimes not go through with the sale once they realize the mistake.
The reasoning they could give ebay is an error in auction description . Which would be true and valid reason.