View Single Post
Old 11-17-2016, 08:48 AM
Founding Member / Moderator

If they still send the same belt with the Griz that I got with mine it is longer than 72" and not very good quality anyway. Put one of your new belts on, if it allows you to shorten the boom arm it should make a difference to the tracking.

Ed's right that the Griz isn't a top of the line machine but at a third the price I know you weren't expecting that. Even so, a lot of knives get made on them. Every problem the Griz might have has been solved by somebody, probably in more than one way. There is lots of info online on those solutions.

If I understand correctly, you have two current problems: the belt doesn't sit in the middle of the drive wheel and the wheel wobbles a little. As I said before, the work gets done on the platen. If the belt is on the platen that's what counts. However, as I recall, there is a heavy steel washer with a domed center that sits between the wheel and the motor. On mine, I turned the washer around to change the position of the wheel.

As for the wobble, the Griz wheels are badly balanced, no doubt about that. Eventually, I replaced my wheel with a better wheel and it was smooth as silk after that. But that was a year or so later, before that the wheel vibrating a little didn't affect what I was doing on the platen...

Your question may already have been answered - try the Search button first!