View Single Post
Old 07-29-2016, 01:10 PM
Guru

saftey....handle material on skin (re visit)

Hey guys. so i wanted to know remember one of my recent threads. some of us were talking about the saftey hazards of certain woods getting on your skin cause problems maybe almost like a allergic reaction....i am curious if any one has had a similar reaction to anything like g10, micarta, inlace acrylester...i have only used wood materials a hand full of times. yesterday i was grinding bot g10 and inlace acrylester and one of my arms ended up getting really ichy but it was only one arm and it didnt happen until a couple hours after i was done so maybe it was something else....i havent heard of getting it on your skin being bad until that last thread and even then it was only woods that were mentioned.....i really dont want to have to wear long sleeves all the time in summer in my garage it gets HOT....but if it happens again or any of you guys have had a similar reaction i guess its something i will have to do.......

On another not thanks to jimmontg for the tip on the dymond wood at sheffields my find at usa knifemaker they want 15$ a pair at sheffields i think its about 3 but i just got 50 pairs for about 100 bucks awesome deal i have made one blade with dymond wood and one with dymalux (very similar) and alot of people like it so i figured its cheep they dont make it any more get what i can....if any of you guys want it i would say now is the time when i first called they said they didnt have enough for the 50 pair package of 1/4 thick then they called back and said they did so i dont think they have that much left either (i could be wrong maybe different sizes) its definitely a awesome material i really like it you get the striped colors like g10 but has that natural wood texture