View Single Post
Old 02-27-2017, 05:10 PM

Custom D Guard Bowie?

Hello all, I am going to rebuild a cut off sword that the blade has been broken off at 11.5 inches, the D guard is broken off and missing, the blade has been brought to a point and the edge was ground to the extent it took portions of the engraving off. I have had several people recommend that I leave it alone but that isn't why I bought the project. The knife is not anywhere near the condition it looks in the picture and actually had 1/8 to 3/16ths gaps between the stag, pommel and guard. The stag is exceptional and the main reason I bought the project!

I have located a Knife Maker who was willing to take on the project of reshaping the blade, buffing off the primitive engraving, adding a 4 to 5 inch "sharp" clip to the blade, and polishing it.

I am going to take on the project of adding (extending) the brass on the D guard, and refitting the pommel and brass collar behind the guard. I am going to have to build up one side of the guard so that the collar fits properly.

O.K. I will attempt to add pictures for your appreciation and I will update the project as we advance with the parts.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Stag Handled Fighter 2 - Copy.jpg (276.2 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0346.JPG (387.4 KB, 13 views)

Last edited by r.cordell; 02-27-2017 at 05:15 PM.