View Single Post
Old 01-26-2016, 08:08 AM
Skilled

Through exhaustive research, and conversations with the engineers and owners of USA knifemaker, Paragon, and Evenheat I have come to the conclusion that the best bang for the buck is the Evenheat KF27 with Tap control.

The engineers at Evenheat said to properly temper in their kiln I would have to ramp up the temperature extremely slowly and suggested that i let them reconfigure the kiln so it was more of an tempering oven thus reducing the max temperature the kiln could reach.

Evenheats engineers said the unit would have no issues getting to hardening temps and once the oven cooled holding a tempering heat.
The program-ability, real time readouts, and tracking features of the tap system were so advanced Tracy (owner of USAknifemaker) said paragon would probably loose a good portion of market share until they could catch up with the tap technology.

As for the size the KF18 is the most popular, but as it is only $116 more to upgrade to the 27". The replacement coils are the same price and the added cost to heat the larger chamber is vastly outweighed by the additional 9" of usable length gained by up sizing.