View Single Post
Old 11-19-2017, 01:54 PM
Guru

Yeh listen its got its good and bad points I have a good friend and even collaborate with on knives (he forges and rough grinds I finish) and he was a winner on the show first he won the episoide he was on then they invited him back to the "champion of champions" episoide and he won that too!! his name is theo nazz it will show some good realistic things about knives if you know where to look...yes a lot of their testing is absolutely ridiculous when it comes to showing what I knife should be able to handle they try their best to break the knives in a very holly wood fashion deffinitly not how I would test a knife! however like I said if you know where to look you can learn some things....to me there is no education in the actual tests (unless you want to learn what NOT to do) but if you watch closely when the makers are actually making the knives first in the shop then the 2 finalist go to their own forge for that round but if you watch that yes you can pick up some things just by seeing how they do things...the problem is if your not a knife maker you don't look at that stuff you look at those dramatic tests and people that don't know to much already don't know what to sift out and pick apart the things that are legitimate compared to the ridiculous stuff that is where the problem lies (in my mind anyway) but again the people bank rolling the show want to make good tv not a knife making class