View Single Post
Old 03-31-2015, 10:00 PM
Skilled

Jack, the range of terms you mention is very logical to me, without absolute proof. Though I have to admit, the ebay sample sheaths was pretty close to that absolute proof.
I really appreciate the work that you and Ron put into this stamp orientation, snap location observation. And while there is much to be said for handling sheaths to make observations, you don't have to have them in hand to see the stamps and numbers.
Its late here and I have work in the morning, but I will put together some ideas for you tomorrow.
I can't emphasize enough how important it is for everyone reading this thread, lend your voice and opinion, no matter what it is, and we will sift through it.
I think much has been done to establish a reasonable position that these early RMK stamped sheaths in horizontal and west facing orientation were made by Heiser. So let's explore the connection with the serif numbers and see if there is any conflicting evidence.
I Thank Ron Mathews for putting me on the trail of these number styles. Through his observations, I have learned to look closely at these sheaths.

Sam Granade